Want to Travel with Pretty Girl?

Travel with Me

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Can you clarify this Filipino superstition?

Is it true that an only child is more likely to be an idiot savant?



And do I have to define to you what superstition means? You have no idea what you're talking about, do you?




Unlikely.


I have known many individuals(friends,classmates,lolo...) who are the only child in their family. And none of them is an idiot savant as far as I know. Being an only child, I'll take myself as an example. Nothing's extraordinary with my skills and most importantly I don't have any mental defects.


As what you've said, it's only a Filipino superstition.




Err...I've actually never heard of that superstition before, even in school. But I don't think so.


But I shall never know too, since none of my family members is an only child. My classmate is, but she's not an idiot savant, thank God. But I can name a few who are, but they're not an only child.




There's no such superstition in the Philippines. Savantism was never associated with birth order nor in not having any siblings. Likewise identification or labelling of savants are very recent hence it does not make sense to already have a superstition about it.




If there's one, it wouldn't be called superstition. An unproven allegation or belief would be a more appropriate term. And I haven't heard any such belief.




Yes, please clarify for this ignorant foreigner.




no there is no such superstition.... but there is an old wives' tale that if u have a child late in age... u indeed might have one... which by the way may have some scientific explanation behind it




Never heard of before. But they always say the only child is a spoiled one or a lonely one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Travel all over the world