Want to Travel with Pretty Girl?

Travel with Me

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Need a place to vacation close to Long Island NY?

I'm from Long Island. My boyfriend and I are looking to go away for a few days but we don't want to go very far.





Does anyone know any places in either upstate New York or any surrounding states that offer outdoor activities and reasonable hotel prices?



Atlantic City isn't too bad - for outdoor activities, you'd definitely have to wait until it's warmer than it's been recently since it's all on the beach.





The Poconos in upstate New York is kind of fun - I'm not sure if they still have snow, but there's camping for the warm months, and skiing for colder months. They have cabin rentals and a few reasonably priced "resorts." April or May would be a good time to go - it's sort of still considered the off season. I haven't been since February, but it's a good time, secluded if you want to be alone, but lots of social stuff available, as well.





You could also take a bus or train ride, or just drive, up to Massachusetts - visit either Boston or to Cape cod. I've done it with my friends a few times, it can be fun. Boston's still a city, but much smaller and quieter than New York, so it can offer a good place to just get away for a few days (but not to live - I lived for about a year during my freshman year in college and it was horrible, lol) - it's only a four hour drive, so you can do it in a weekend. They have lots of outdoor stuff, museums, nice restaurants, and its not too expensive. Cape Cod reminds me of Long Island, to be honest, a big strip of mostly beaches, hiking, etc.





Hope this helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Travel all over the world