Want to Travel with Pretty Girl?

Travel with Me

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Temporary work in Greece?

This summer I would like to work in Greece for six weeks. Although I would love to work longer, I am going into service with the US Air Force on July 19, so I can only be there from mid may to the early part of June. Does anyone know where I could find some work under the table? I lived there last year, so I know a little bit of the language, and I still have a student visa, but it expires in April. Should I renew my student visa and will that increase my chances of getting work, or just let it expire and get the normal 3 month Schnegen visa? I am willing to do just about anything, so if you have ANY tips or leads, that would be great.



If you have the possibility to renew your student visa, do so. Having a student visa permits you to LEGALLY work part-time. This way at least you'll have work permission, so 1) you're much more likely to be hired and 2) if the police swing by and do a document check, you'll have documents, and you can just lie and say you work part-time - it'd be virtually impossible for the police to prove otherwise.





As you are probably aware - since you mention working under the table - on the regular 3-month (90 days, actually) deal, you aren't allowed to legally work. And since you lived here before, I'm sure you understand how it's becoming virtually impossible to find illegal work here thanks to the ever increasing police checks.





Even with papers, it'll be somewhat difficult (though certainly not impossible) to find someone willing to hire you for such a short period. I suppose you could just lie to them, telling them you'll work the whole season then just bail on them when you need to leave. Personally I couldn't do that, I'd feel too guilty, but to each his own.





So, as for a lead, I don't have any, sorry. However, there was an American girl who posted a question here a month or so ago, and she stated that she had worked illegally here last summer. She didn't say where she worked exactly, but if you're able to find her question in the resolved questions section (assuming it wasn't deleted) you could contact her and maybe she could give you some ideas.




girl go to greece!


its AMAZING!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Travel all over the world