Want to Travel with Pretty Girl?

Travel with Me

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

I want to move to France one day. What should I do?

I love France, everything about it. Althugh I've never been there. I'm 16 years old, and I would like to move there one day. How should I go about it? I live in Canada, I am fluent in French. My father was born in France, and my grandfather lives there. So I was wondering, since I already have family there, could I get my father to like give me dual citizenship since he's French? And If I can, should he go about it before I turn 18? Cuz I have asked him to do this for me for a while, but he says it's a lengthy process and that it's difficult since there is no French embassy in our city. I'm turning 17 soon, and I'm afraid it'll be too late. I'm not sure if he's even started.


Apart from the whole citizenship thing, what is France like? I'm biracial, so will I face a lot of racism? What are jobs like there? I would like to know everything.


Thanks a lot to whoever answers this.



To have dual citizenship your father (if he was French) should have had you registered at your birth at the French embassy. And you would have had to choose which to keep at 18 anyway. As it is you cannot have it just like that, once you are 18 you can ask for French citizenship but you will have to go through a long process and live quite a few years in France too. For more info why don't you contact the French embassy? They will have up to date information.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Travel all over the world