Want to Travel with Pretty Girl?

Travel with Me

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Paris metro ticket confusion?

Despite reading lot of FAQs I am still confused on what to take (travel pass/carnet etc). I am staying in Paris for 4 days. Day 1, I intend to roam around in Paris within zones 1-3. Day 2 and Day 3 I am planning to go to Disneyland from my hotel in Paris. Both these days, my usage will be just to go to disneyland (which is zone 5) and come back. Day 4 I intend to go to Louvre and then return back. What is better in this case? Shall I go for travel pass Zone 1-3 for 5 days and purchase RER ticket seperately for Disneyland? Or shall I buy a carnet for day 2and day 3? Is 10 ticket carnet available for Zone 5? Please advise



I am not sure where in zone 3 (which is outside Paris proper) you would be traveling on your first day. If you actually are planning on going into zone 3 then buy the one day Paris Viste pass which covers zones 1-3. Otherwise buy a Mobilis (a one day pass) for zones 1-2.





On day 2 & 3 just buy single tickets to go to Disneyland or, if you are going with a companion or family, you may wish to buy one or more carnets.





Carnets are available for zones 1-5 and have ten single tickets which can be used at any time. If you are traveling alone then for two days travel to and from Disney you need a total of four tickets. Buying 10 would therefore make no sense.





On day 4 just buy single tickets.




don't go...much simpler

No comments:

Post a Comment

Travel all over the world